Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our Eighth Anniversary

Tomorrow is a special day for me, Brandy and I will have been married for eight years. I can't say I would want anyone else and we've built a great life together. Can't really say she's my other half but she is an integral part of me. Without her in my life I wouldn't be the man I am now. I think sometimes though I make her a writing widow, after all, I'm writing almost constantly. At least she knows where to find me. Where my laptop is, there I am with my word processor open and I'm busily typing away.

How do you describe the connection that two people can have? I'm not sure I can put it into words because it goes beyond what can be spoken or written. I just know it's there and it continues to grow over time. It's a a part of what we call love. So is the commitment we made to each other for better or for worse.

The two of us have been through a lot of things in the time we've been married. One of those was our losing our house and becoming homeless. We ended up living in this tiny four door Toyota temporarily. It was horrid, probably one of the most stressful things we could have lived through. Still, we stayed together and our relationship became stronger because of it.

Every marriage has ups and downs. That's just the nature of life in general. How you deal with the down times is probably the most important of all. It's one of the things binds a couple together and unites them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.