Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Garden July

This year the garden has really been doing well. One of the new plants I'm growing is Liatris and they look lovely among the Cosmos.

The tomatoes are coming along nicely. These are the mini ones that are Susan's.

The main section of the garden.

The strawberries are looking good too.

The Wisteria has really been putting out vines this year.

Monday, July 27, 2015

Vacation time

Here in the US we have a tendency not to take vacations. I was one and now that I think about it the last time I had one was in 2005. I didn't go anywhere, it was a staycation. That's kind of sad actually and toward the end of next month that changes.
So far we have plans of visiting Mt Shasta, CA, and Arches National Park in Utah. It should be really good for Susan, and I, as a couple. We'll be able to spend some quality time together.
I think our not taking vacations in the US is one of the contributors to marital break ups. We aren't taking any time as couples to help build our relationships. It's necessary I think.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mid July happenings

I had a little issue the other day. My phone had dropped and the screen had severely cracked. I'd attached a beaded phone charm to the bottom part of the phone skin. When I dropped it the charm got between the phone and the ground. It didn't do it any favors.
Later in the day I got another phone which is the one I'm writing this on.
The same I also had an issue with my motorcycle. For some reason it started flooding the carb. Not sure what's causing that, but it'll be heading to the shop later today. At least the bike is under warranty.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4 shoot

July 4th Susan, and I, went to go see the fireworks at Prospect Lake here in Colorado Springs. I took the SLR with to see what kind of shots I could get. I shot 108 frames, and these were some of the best I think. 

Many of the frames look otherworldly. It makes me think of whole galaxies to be explored.

Friday, June 26, 2015

25 June

Susan and I went to Sinton Pond to try to do some fishing. It turns out the fish weren't very big as you'll see in one of the pictures further down. During our time there I went for a walk around the pond and decided to capture a few images. Many do happen to be flowers.

All of the fish in the image are about four inches long. Yes, they were definitely biting but not much for eating. Did my best to catch, and release.

I thought this frame was rather scenic.

This bench looked quite forlorn. It was located on part of the trail extending around the eastern end of the pond.

This just looked interesting to me. I'm not sure what it was for but I think it dates back to the time when the area around the pond was a cow pasture.

All in all, I think I managed to captured a few very nice images while at the pond. I hope that enjoyed them as much as I did shooting them.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Helen Hunt Falls 18 June

When we got together Susan, and I, realized we have a limited amount of time to experience some things together. I'm 50 now, and Susan has a few years on me. The time is coming we will have to rely on our memories.  Life is meant to be experienced, to be lived at its fullest. The two of us know this, and we're doing it.
Susan and I had decided to have a picnic in North Cheyenne Canyon Park which is where Helen Hunt Falls is. We also did a bit of hike up above the falls. It was really cool. During our hike I brought my SLR with and decided to capture some images of which some I'm posting here. For those who don't know North Cheyenne Canyon Park is a city park.

Here is Helen Hunt Falls.

Where Susan is standing is a foot bridge that extends over the top of the falls.

Of course I had to photograph her again. She is the love of my life after all.

This was shot on the trail that goes past the upper falls. I've loved this particular frame so much I've shot it a few times and one from a previous shoot is on the cover of Journey Into Renewal.

We decided to go further up the trail and a little something caught my eye on the way.

This is what caught my eye. Apparently the rapids was hitting a boulder which created a jet. 

This is part of the upper trail.

More of the creek. Water fascinates me, and it always has. Especially rapids.

This is Colorado Springs from the highest point on the trail.

Up at the top there is this rock wall. In one place there's a square hole. A bird made a nest in it and of course I had to photograph it.

Here is a shot of another part of the creek that I did at two different shutter speeds. The second one is really cool with the way the water flows.

Here I did the same thing on another stretch of creek. 

Coming back down later we had our picnic. It was pretty good, the water was nearby, and the last two shots were the result. Then we drove to another spot where we started shooting the rocks of the canyon. During this bit of shooting we photographed each other from across the road.

Of course here's her smiling face one more time.

Whatever you do get out and try to enjoy this life. We are.