Friday, July 27, 2012

30 years published.

30 years ago this month I was in Youth Conservation Corps in St Croix State Park Minnesota. During that time I wrote my very first poem, there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then for me as an author. I do remember that it had something to do with the interconnected web of life but I no longer have a copy of it. (Would I want to see it now? I don't know)Back then, the poem was published in the camp newsletter and became kind of the motto of the camp. That is now a long time ago but it led to poems being written like this one that is in Journey Into Renewal.

Cycle of life

Tree upon the mountainside
Locked in its world of white
Branches so naked and empty
Waiting for the warmth to come
Time rotating in coiled spiral
Coming back to bring renewal
Eternal dance of season's passage
With light and life mingling there
While the tree waits in silence
For life to begin once more
Under the vast expanse of sky

It also led to the place I am at in my life now also. Late last year, I made some purposeful changes in what I'm writing and now I'm trying to write fiction. I've learned a lot from other authors and I'm glad that I have thrown my hat in the ring, so to speak. I also look forward to what I'll be learning in the future. My best advice to anyone would be to never ever stop learning, to always reach for whatever your potential is. You really are so much more than you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.