Saturday, July 21, 2012

Sea Witch update

I've been in a major rewrite of The Sea Witch as anyone that follows this blog knows.

There's a lot of details that aren't in the present edition that I believe will be more apparent as I only hedged on them previously. I really tried to tone down certain things like spousal abuse, it turns out I toned it down too much for most who have read the story. There's also two main pivotal moments that need to be revisited still.

Been improving the dialog to make it more like the characters are having a conversation. There's also now 11 chapters of which it looks like 4 of them are just about ready for prime time. So far, the story has gone from a word count of 18,000 to about 20,500 words at present. I'm right now looking at a final word count of about 30,000 when all is said and done.

What has been extremely important is to keep the original story line, its a really good one that I really enjoyed writing.

As soon as can I'll have the totally rewritten version up on Amazon and Smashwords. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.