Friday, May 3, 2013

Readers

It's always fascinating to me when I've printed a rough draft and have someone read it. Usually, I just pick someone at random and in some cases they've never seen anything I've written before. I always enjoy the feedback that I get and it helps me during the rewriting process and there's always rewriting to do. The rewriting is what really brings the story to life. There is no author anywhere who will get it perfect immediately that I'm aware of. It takes honing and polishing the story over time to make it the best it can be. Usually, the honing and polishing takes longer than writing the story initially.

Even more fascinating for me is watching their expressions as they are beta reading. It tells me a lot about what I've written. Some, just can't seem to put down the pages. I just love it when that happens and I'm lucky that most of the time that's the case that they can't stop reading the story. That's the moment I know I'm onto a great idea, one that will stand the test of time and will be proud to add a print copy of to my bookshelf. I've got quite the collection started. It will be fascinating to see how full I can make the shelf in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.