Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Writing retreat

Many author's go on writing retreats. You go to some place, usually out in the middle of nowhere, no wifi, no internet, no cell phone. It's only you and your manuscript. I think even the meals are taken care of usually.

I can tell you that on what I make at my 'day job' I can't afford one. Actually I could use a vacation in and of itself. One of the things I do have available though is paid time off, I guess in some places they call it vacation time. It doesn't matter what you call it, they're paying you to do something other than work. Starting today I've taken two days of paid time off. Combined with two regular days off I've got four days to mostly pay attention to my manuscript. Basically, it's almost like a stay at home writing retreat. This should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.