Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Author Earnings

Where writing can be, or will be, my entire living probably won't happen. The majority of authors it doesn't happen either quite honestly. We all think of the likes of JK Rowling, Stephen King, etc. and how much they make but to tell you the truth they're the exception to the rule. Many authors can occasionally buy a pizza with their royalties at the end of the month and I've been there. I've also used royalties to help pay the bills at times like the electric bill, at least a hefty chunk of the electric bill. I've also bought pizza's a couple of times with royalties.

While I may not make a huge amount of money it's wonderful for me to see my own name on the cover of a book. Believe it or not there's a bit of pride that goes hand in hand with that alone. There's a legacy of mine that will go on even if I never publish another book. It was also quite the feather in my cap to sign two titles late last year. The one is still presently in edits with the publisher.

If you want to see how much authors are actually earning here are the numbers. You may be a bit surprised. http://authorearnings.com/the-report/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.