Friday, April 25, 2014

Bathroom remodeling

I've been busy the last few days working on my bathroom and honestly now I'm very achy and feeling my almost 49 years. Now I wish I had a couple of more days off so I could rest up from the last few days where I was pushing it to the limit.

To the right is where the light switch was. It just never made sense and was original to the house I'm sure. To the left is where the light switch is now where you can hit it when you enter the bathroom. Just to the right of the old switch I think I'm going to install a wall cabinet. As you can see the paint is a very light blue.

 This is one of the new lights in action. They're quite bright, one for each end of the vanity.

 Here's the same light off. It fits well with the new wall color. 

This is the new tile I've selected. It's supposed to look like marble and it mostly does. A four feet by four feet area of the floor I also cut out and replaced. The entire bathroom floor area is about five feet by seven feet. It had been getting pretty bad and we were beginning to be afraid we were going to fall through some time.

I'm also probably going to be putting a cabinet in above the toilet also. I had to get the paint up first though before I did that. Of course if you look in the bottom picture you can see I didn't quite get down there. All in all I'm pretty pleased so far.

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking your renovations. Keep up the good work, don't overdo��

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comment.