Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Highlighting skills

Take your time while writing your resume, take a lot of time in fact. It is your advertisement, it's what gets you in the door for an interview. You want to make sure pertinent information is immediately available to your reader. Depending on the skill quite often I use bullet points to highlight something like Microsoft Word or Excel. Usually, I will include that specific skill in the first section of my resume. This is something I want them to notice right away especially at call centers. This was successful as it helped me to get a lot of interviews with numerous companies. It also directed some of the interview questions that was asked. This is definitely something you want to happen. When you direct the questions being asked it's so much easier to prepare for the interview. You're now down to coming up with a single answer to rehearse for that question you already know will be asked.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.