Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Quickly

Most HR departments will not spend long looking at your resume. 6 seconds in fact which is not very long. Make sure your resume can be quickly scanned by a person to get the gist of what you're trying to get across. I personally made sure that someone reading my resume would get the complete picture in a 5 second glance. This is not easy to do by any means. It takes a lot of editing and time to be successful. Yet, my resume is still occasionally getting me emails for interviews after two years. If a word does not really need to be there it needs to go, it's as simple as that. Condense your resume as much as is possible and still make sure it's readable.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.