Saturday, June 2, 2012

Counterfeit Kisses review

A while back I did a review for this book and I still stand by my review. Really good book that is actually a romance. Then again, I write some romance so I would read it wouldn't I?

My review: This novel ends up being a classic damsel in distress story having read the entire book that takes place in what would have been the west at that time. Yes, it will appeal to men also as the romance is rather low-key and a guy will especially like this story once the nefarious counterfeiters become a main part. They take a hostage which the "knight in shining armor" (Quincy) then rescues (Magen) and yes, he ends up with her which I thought was pretty good.Women in particular I think will like the wedding scene, it was a bit of a trip for me as I read it (in fact I had to read that chapter twice). The whole town comes out, sets up the wedding in a field and a fiddler serenades Magen down the "aisle" to the preacher who then marries them. The wedding is held in an open field of all places just outside of the house, it was a perfect wedding.

http://www.amazon.com/Counterfeit-Kisses-ebook/dp/B006LUI6JA/

Description: A Kindle Bestselling Historical Romance

Sometimes the road to justice is filled with compromise . . . .

A Lawman in Disguise
As a Secret Service Operative Jeremy Loud is quick on his feet and a master of his emotions. Then, he wakes up naked, disoriented and in physical pain to find a mysterious woman busy at his stove. His first mistake is assuming she's a barmaid. His biggest mistake is underestimating her ability to get into trouble.

A Woman in Peril
Magen MacGuire is determined to find the man responsible for her father's death and make him pay. Then, her plans go awry and a case of mistaken identity leads her to the last thing she expects; the claim of a proxy marriage and a mysterious stranger she could easily fall in love with.

Fate brings them together. Lies threaten to tear them apart. Is what they share really love or is it just more lies sealed with a Counterfeit Kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.