Friday, July 13, 2012

The story behind The Sea Witch

Who I am: I live in Colorado Springs, Colorado with my wife, Brandy. We've been married 7 wonderful years as of May. I'm so glad that she is a part of my life, can't say that I could do better for a wife.

There is a definite story behind why I wrote the book, The Sea Witch.

My main character, Timothy, was a wife beater when I opened the story. After a bit of time and his considering why that he no longer had a wife he came to few decisions. One of those was to take off in a completely different direction from then on. Just because you've been doing something doesn't mean that you have to keep doing it.

In too many places, women are abused still in the present day. I really wanted to do something about it, something that would help address the issue.

Two of my guiding principle's are:

1. A man should never, ever hit a woman.

2. A man should treat a woman with respect.

I've been through some major changes over the years myself that led me to the point where I am now. In 2002, my first wife passed away next to me in her sleep. When I awoke is when I found out which was an extreme shock for me. I went through an awakening after that, totally changed my course in life. This has led me to the point where I am now an author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.