Monday, November 5, 2012

Opening a book

Have a friend of mine in Switzerland and he wanted to check the formatting on one of his books that's listed on Barnes & Noble. He found out he couldn't download the Nook app or his book. I decided to help him out a little bit. Might run into a similar situation with one of mine at some point, who knows. I downloaded the app to my computer, installed it and proceeded to get a copy of his book from B&N. I then forwarded a copy of his book to him.

Well, the Nook copy of his book wouldn't open in Calibre since the Nook app wasn't a viable option. For those of you that don't know Calibre is an e-reader app that opens most e-books. Apparently in Switzerland that may not happen though with some books. He put the book on his iPad and it opened right up and he started looking through it. I just really thought that was quite convoluted and probably shouldn't have been necessary.

I'm wondering why it even matters where you are at on whether you get a book or not. It doesn't make any sense to me. You should be able to read one of my books anywhere in the world, it shouldn't matter where you are. That's my opinion any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.