Friday, July 12, 2013

Unstrung beta read

One of the things a lot of authors will do for each other is beta read a fellow author's book for them. You go through it and see what impressions you get, what works and what doesn't. That's usually done before the book is released to the public. It's also done before the last edits are complete, as a rule it's not the final version.

I just finished a beta read that impressed me. It was for a book called, "Unstrung." Thought the title was really intelligent and it definitely fit the story line which is the life and times of a guitarist with a rock group. Would think of the pseudo group as being similar to Def Leopard. One of the things that was interesting was it being completely written in first person point of view. It was one of the best I've seen actually. I really got to know what was making the guitarist tick because I was inside his head. Most book,

Now the book is intended as erotica. There was a lot of sex, as there should be in the genre. The sex wasn't overwhelming I didn't feel, and it added to the story line immensely. Basically, Rodney thinks with his dick at first which is what you would expect. Of course, a few other events that happens changes some of those thought processes.

I'm not sure on the release date since I'm not in charge of that but I'll update this post when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.