Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ceiling insulation.

Here is how I'm doing the ties. The particular rope holds 36 Pounds maximum which means it works well for this purpose and it's really easy to work with. I'm just simply using two drywall screws in each of those bend out 'L' brackets.

I started doing some of the R-13 insulation today. Here's the first piece.



 Here's a couple of images with the insulation in place. It's going to be great having an additional 170 sq ft of insulation.





So far, the project is going even easier than I imagined it would.  If you do something like this make sure you have some good ties for the tracks. The ceiling now looks flatter also which is one of the other things I was trying to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.