Many that have come to this blog know that I have a house that a repair project in process. Quite honestly you may not want to set your watch on how quick everything will get done. There's a couple of reasons for that. One is lack of income to afford material. Second is the fact I'm not as young as I used to be so it wears me out.
This is how our porch roof used to look. I had framed it in as you can see from the stringers and the upright supports. I was too poor to afford any plywood so I wasn't able to get any. Finally after a couple of tries I was able to get a tarp to stay in place. BTW, the solar path lights work great for the purpose I'm using them for here. I do usually have to replace the battery each year which I recommend using an NiMH instead of a NiCD like comes in them.
Brandy likes windchimes to of course you see some. She also likes the icicle lights for additional lighting. The one main problem with them is they aren't designed to handle much moisture so a number of the bulbs are out.
Here's the porch with the new plywood on it. I still have to caulk and paint it but I'm very happy with the results so far. One of the nice aspects of the porch is it blocks most of the direct sunlight from hitting the side of the house which makes the house slightly cooler during the summer. Of course there's an added benefit of having a clean porch during the winter.
The paint I'll be getting will be similar in color to what's on the support framing. I did order new string lights for the porch, LED ones. They use less electricity than incandescent lights does. There's also less of a chance of fire because the LED lights don't get as warm.