Thursday, November 27, 2014

Built in book shelf.

Between the kitchen and the living room on the east wall there was a little partition. It really doesn't serve much of a purpose other than looks and to hide the refrigerator. Soon after moving into the house I opened it up and found this open space. There's a lack of room in the house so turning it into a built in book shelf crossed my mind immediately. For a long time the shelves consisted of 1x4's with a space between. They just didn't work well. 

There was a shelving unit I'd taken apart. I kept all of the materials from it. Today I cut the shelf boards to fit the space. Right after I painted them. The paint is a light blue paint called Haunted Hue. I like it so much all of the walls in the living room and hallway will receive the same color.


This is tonight. I found out CD's stand up perfectly on the top shelf. The rest is my DVD collection. It sure helps me to utilize the space more efficiently. The entire house has only 600 square feet of floor space. In many cases if you want additional you need built in's. There's really no other options.
   In the next couple of weeks I'll be getting the rest of the paint up in the living room. It will make a big difference in this house. I'm going to see about getting some new curtains too. A little later on will be the new closet organizer, and the finishing touches on the bathroom. I will of course post pictures here on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.