Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11th

Where I was when the planes into the towers was driving to my new job as a truck driver with a United Van Lines agent. In my pocket was my brand new commercial drivers license, had just graduated truck driving school the day before. At the time I had some heavy metal station playing on the radio and I was driving this Ford Bronco I had. As I recall I was annoyed at the interruption of what I wanted to listen to. It just didn't register what was really going on.

Little did I know the chain of events that morning would start. In a little over six months my first wife passed away and because nothing was really moving in the country at the time I ended up broke and lost the house. I will tell you one thing, I never want to drive a semi cross country again. It's mostly that it's actually not a very large space and I don't really like driving. I don't even have a driver's license right now and will never have one again. Of course, I may have a little resentment also regarding losing everything that I had at the time.

I found out later that taking my wife of the time on the truck with me is probably what helped to create the embolism that set off the heart attack that ended up killing her. Of course, I didn't know this until later on. If you lay around too much you can get an embolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.