Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Colby, Kansas

We were in Colby, Kansas visiting one of our daughters, Angie. While at her house yesterday I helped build a gazebo, and helped with cleaning the backyard fish tank. For about an hour afterwards I stood watching the fish swim. It was nice.
Yesterday we also stopped at the Prairie Museum of Art and History. I'll probably be posting at least one more day of images from there. It was quite fascinating. There's a lot in the museum.
Here's Susan in front of one of the displays. A few weeks ago she'd was walking down the stairs and her ankle just gave away. There's a little fracture, and a whole bunch of muscle and tendon damage. To make life easier on our vacation we rented a wheelchair for the week. I also ordered a wheelchair but it wasn't going to be in in time. According to her doctor it may take up to a year for her ankle to heal.


I want this desk.

This image almost went up on Viewbug. The fish fascinated me and I seem to have gotten the composition well.

This blue glass image did make the cut for me.

Of course as I'm going through a camera display would definitely catch my eye. This is a particularly nice example of box camera. I think it uses 4 by 5 plates though I'm not positive. Next to it is a 120 roll film camera.

This image is up on Viewbug as a sepia tint black and white.

This is the camera that really brought photography to the masses back in the day. It used 120 roll film which was pretty standard. When you got one of these you'd shoot the entire roll, and send in the entire camera. Kodak would take out the film, process it, and send you back both the camera, negatives, and the resulting prints.
There were a few pros who were using these also, but not many. Though this camera did get many professional photographers started. The lenses aren't adjustable like they are my Canon. You also couldn't select your shutter speed.

When you used this camera you looked through the top lens. Your image was capture through the bottom. These normally used 120 roll film.

Two more 120 roll film cameras. Rather nice examples. This image I almost uploaded to Viewbug.

Tomorrow I'll upload a few more. It might take me a couple of days to get to the ones I'm going to be shooting at Mt Rushmore tomorrow.
Have a great day and try to enjoy your life a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.