Sunday, October 2, 2016

Mt Rushmore #1

 We went to Mt. Rushmore on the 29th also a bit after we stopped at the Crazy Horse. Of course I captured some images from the monument.
This image turns out to be pretty similar to several post cards. Great minds think alike I suppose.

I got closer and decided to try the composition again. This one I like better.

Then I tried to get the people walking into the monument along with the flags.

It's not too often I get into the frame but this time I did.

Here are the four faces. It isn't often I use the 75-300 mm zoom but this time I did. 

Close ups of the four faces.


 We went through a museum at the monument. Here are some of the clay model outtakes. I really like the last one I'm posting here. It kind of has a surrealistic quality to it.




It was an enjoyable visit. Years ago I was a truck driver and I was routed near the monument. It was the middle of the night. I couldn't stop because I was on a tight schedule as always when you drive a truck for a living. I think the monument was probably closed too. The thing I remember most is they had the monument lit up.
Tomorrow I should be posting some images from Deadwood, SD which is where we stopped next.
Have a great day and try to enjoy your life a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.