Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Being mobile

One thing that is extremely important in this job market is to be reachable where you are at. It will continue to be so long into the future also. This means that you do need a cell phone with you at all times during the day. The days of having a message number are long gone and are never coming back again. While you don't need a phone like the Blackberry that I am using to write this posting you do need at a minimum a basic phone with basic service. This will ensure that you are reachable at any time that you might get the call from an employer.

Several years ago I eliminated a home phone completely since working for a cell phone company for a while. We even use wireless for our home internet service today and will probably never again have a wired connection. I've found it to be very useful to be able to be completely mobile. Now I even have the capability to post a resume while walking down the street. While you don't need smart phone capability to find a job I recommend it and I could never go back to the way it was now.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.