Monday, December 26, 2011

Fear

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself", FDR

One of the worst things that you can do during a job hunt is let fear get to you. Fear and stress goes hand in hand and a lot of the both cannot help you ever. They will make you nervous, make you worry and generally overwhelm you. Let the fear and stress go immediately and you will do much better during your interviews. You'll also do better in your writing every time that have to fill out an application or modify your cover letter. De-stressing will allow your wonderful personality to shine, to set you apart from other candidates for a position. This will make it easier for you to get the job and shorten your job hunt every time that you are looking for employment. This is what you want, to shorten the amount of time between jobs.

Personally, I don't like to hunt for a job and I never have. Because I was trying to do something about it I realized that fear and stress were things that I could control. These were things that I would never again allow to control me. This allowed me to de-stress and begin to do better during interviews and every interaction from that point forward. I began to take control of the situation instead of allowing it to control me. So don't let fear control you, get in control of it.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.