Monday, December 12, 2011

Job openings

Some of what I base my predictions on is the quantity of openings that are available. Years ago I set up email notifications with Beyond, Monster and Careerbuilder. In fact I receive multiple from each job board some days. These emails cover the entire front range of Colorado and some of the mountains. In June I remember only 1-2 jobs posted in each email. Now there are 6-7 postings per day. This tells me that the job market is improving dramatically this year compared to earlier in the year.

Of the jobs I'm seeing posted there is a definite change also. In June most of the postings were for commission only sales positions. Presently, about half of the postings are for full time permanent employment, another roughly 25%-35% are for part time temp positions. The rest needless to say are for commissioned sales positions. Yes, the job market is getting better which I'm very happy about.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.