Friday, March 2, 2012

Relocation

There have been many studies over the last few years that demonstrate job seekers would be willing to relocate. I understand this, even looked into doing it myself the last few years. After conducting in depth research I came to some conclusions about doing this. If you're single it's easier than if you have a family as I've done it many times in the past. Those times I did it I was single every time so I was able to do it fairly cheaply. More than once I traveled far and wide until I managed to find a place that would hire me. This kind of a thing could still work pretty easily.
When you have a family it becomes much more difficult I think. You don't just have yourself to think about, you have multiple people to think about. This puts it in a different light. Regardless of having a family or not I recommend the unemployment stats for many different cities. Concentrate your efforts on the cities with the lowest unemployment. This will give you the greatest chance of standing out in the proverbial resume/application stack. You also need to do a bit of research on how much it will cost you to get started. While there still are some very nice people who will let you live on their sofa for short time there are less than there used to be.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.