Monday, July 2, 2012

Growing Things update

As of the 24th Growing Things will also be available on Smashwords as it will no longer be Amazon exclusive. I've been wanting to make that book available to more people on more sites for a while now. To make certain that its ready I've been looking at the formatting of the book.

In January I'm also planning on making the 2nd edition available and there's a good chance I'll be doing a paperback version at that time. I kind of wanted to stay away from making a paperback edition for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is pollution as I don't like polluting the environment. If you've read the book you will notice that underlying concept.

At the same time, a garden manual by it's very nature should be printed. Many times I've carried gardening manual out to the garden. Of course, it's fairly easy to bookmark several important places and see the page in bright sunlight.

On to a more personal suggestion, get rain barrels if you have not done so already. Not only will you keep all of that wonderful chlorine away from your garden but you'll help lessen the drain on city well water. There's some places also that have high sulfur content in the tap water which you also don't want on your garden if you can help.

If you do need to water from the tap make sure you are doing it some time between sunset and sunrise. The cooler the air is the better so it makes more sense in many places to do it early in the morning. But, because of scheduling issues you may have to at night. I know I worked a schedule for a long time that was late nights and a lot of others are. If you must water during the day make sure there are clouds overhead. With the sun shining you'll have quite a bit of the water getting evaporated instead of to the plants.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.