Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I received a Kyocera Hydro yesterday. It works really well which surprises me. Here's the phone. http://www.mycricket.com/cell-phones/details/kyocera-hydro-c5171

Yes, my service provider is Cricket.

Pros:

Lots of apps.
Doesn't seem crash prone.
Can open, and edit, Word docs on it.
It will interface with Audible books also.
Basically it will do just about every a 486 desktop would do.

I thought it was going to smudge a lot while touching the screen but it doesn't all that much.

Cons:
Miss-registers where I'm tapping.
Short battery life. (that could be related to the screen size though.)
Sometimes the processor hangs.

To take care of the on screen keyboard issue I ordered one of  these. I might not be3 working on Inquiso at the moment but that won't always prove. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CERCKXM BTW, it's waterproof also.

So far it's looking like this phone could in some instances replace a laptop. That's one of the reasons why I'd gotten the Blackberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.