Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Mentioning names

One thing that will definitely increase your chances of success during an interview is saying the interviewers name. Two to three times is best at the appropriate times during the interview. It shows that you were paying attention when you first entered the room and met them. So often, the interview process feels so impersonal overall. By saying their name you are putting a personal touch on the interview. You attract the appropriate attention to your skills and abilities.

During my own job hunts I began to put it into practice starting about 2007. There were of course times that I would forget to do it because of paying attention to other things. There are so many things to pay attention to during an interview at the same time. It's pretty easy to forget to do something out of all of those things. While saying their name or not by itself is not a deal killer it is a good way to improve your chances greatly. This I've seen the results of myself when I've practiced it.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.