Friday, February 24, 2012

Never stop learning

"Everything flows, nothing stands still."
Heraclitus, quoted by Plato in Cratylus

Something I learned several years ago that has served me very well. Never stop learning, you never know when you'll use what you've learned. Now, I'll admit that I took that to an extreme in 1991 with learning all I did then. Touch typing, improved vocabulary and syntax have all proved useful to me. These days, because of writing like I do I study english which pays now and will pay later also. I also study interviewing techniques and many other things that applies to a job search. So that I can write effectively I never stop learning and neither should you.
Hopefully you'll find a job that you'll work at the rest of your life. Still, change even in a permanent position will come. There will be new things that you need to learn to keep up to date. This will make it easier to keep a job that you have for a longer time. By keeping the job longer it makes your entire life more stable and steady. Those that were the worst that were hurt in the downturn we're pulling out of now were those whose skills had stagnated. Those who improved their skillset have been able to find jobs and keep them longer. So, never stop learning. It's the best and greatest asset that you can and will assure you the most success.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.