Tuesday, February 21, 2012

"Tell me about yourself"

Usually you would summarize what you are bringing to the new employer. This could be particular skills, it could include the length of time at your previous employers. Anything you select needs to be memorable and true. I've been able to select something that is unusual. I now live in an empty nest, not kids at home any longer. What I'm telling them with this one is that there are no scheduling restraints. With the present job market that's important. They want to know if you can work when they need you to work so this is a powerful selling point. You also eliminate a few questions from being asked later as you already answered it. If you are an older job seeker make sure you note the empty nest that you are now living in. It will help every time for the selection of who gets hired.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.