Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Derelict mining equipment

On Thursday we were a little too early to check into the hotel. We drove through to Victor as a result. I wanted to get some preliminary images of mining equipment, or maybe the mines. The first two images are parts of what had been the Stratton Independence mine and I did upload those images to Viewbug.
You can see a line in the upper right corner. Apparently, when I was cleaning the camera body I had one of the brush fibers get caught in the focal plane shutter. Yesterday, I finally managed to get it out with a needle nose pliers.


At one place just outside of Victor, CO there's an accumulation of old mining equipment that's spread out over the mountainside. Kind of open air museum. I got to wander among all of the equipment while trying to see them in an artistic manner.
The old rock crushers, and mining cars was fascinating. Some of the equipment almost looked like what you would expect to see on a steam train.
I'm thinking the next image I'll be uploading to Viewbug. I like it.

This one is also a possibility for Viewbug.



I kind of like this one too.

Tomorrow I should be adding some more to the blog. Until then, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.