Saturday, January 14, 2012

Are you a leader?

In my own informal surveys I sometimes ask someone how they got their job when they were hunting. Quite often it is the same things, confidence, optimism, a carefully written resume, etc. There are a few companies however that will ask something different like Walmart does. They want to know during the interview if you have ever been in a leadership role. It actually comes up often enough, about 5% of the time that I recommend that you prepare for it.

Once the question is asked you need to be ready with an already prepared answer. Don't do like I did at a Walmart interview and stumble over that question. Although I am a success most of the time when I am looking for a job that time I was not. Usually that kind of a question will come up for any kind of supervisory role you're applying for. It's to be expected for those kinds of positions though I talking here about the unexpected. Always be prepared wherever possible for the unexpected it will go better for you in every job search and guarantee you greater success.

Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone, powered by Cricket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.