Saturday, December 10, 2011

Assessments

There are many assessments for just about every job these days. You need to be prepared for them if you are new to the job market. My Son was in the middle of doing one for Favoli's restaurants today. He couldn't complete it, actually kind of freaked out on it and left the site. That's why I know that he hasn't really been looking for a job, the assessment wouldn't have shocked him. This is also something that I called attention to which greatly annoyed him.

Don't let the assessments annoy you, they are a fact of life. Remember, the prospective employer doesn't really know or what kind of a job you've done. That's why many of the assessments are very much work related to test your skills, make sure that your skills are up to date. Most of the call centers I worked at made sure that I knew how to navigate Windows. Many of the assessments are also psychological in nature, they test the way you think.

You can definitely be successful at the testing if I was able to do it successfully. I've done many of them over the years and will do many more in the future I'm sure. If you think you can do it, you can and will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.