Monday, December 5, 2011

A really unusual technique

I just came across a really interesting story of an unusual job hunt and I've read some unusual ones. Even have a few unusual ones to tell that I did myself over the years. Alec Brownstein is an advertising professional who decided to bypass the normal process of submitting resumes and cover letters. He figured that most people Google themselves as I have myself a few times.

He bought ad space that attached itself to the names of top-advertising directors. When they Googled themselves his ads would appear at the top of the results. The ads reportedly stated that Googling yourself is fun and that hiring Alec was fun also. There was then provided a link to his website. It only took a few months and cost about $6 to find a job with Young & Rubicam.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.