Friday, December 9, 2011

The last year

It's been a good year so far and I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a stable and steady job where I have been at for getting close to two years. That's what I was looking for when I was looking for a job the last time. After working for a few years in call centers a few years I was looking for a real change. A few of the call centers had pretty high turnover rates; it leaves you with a bit of fear. It may be irrational fear but it's still fear.

Of the four call centers I worked for three have moved, one out of the US. One call center that I was also hired to work at never got to open in 2007. The point is that there are opportunities out there that are available right now that will be long term. That is why I am thankful today, I have steady employnment these days. Retail seems to be something that I fit well in even though I really wasn't directly looking for a retail position.

Be open to every possibility that comes your way. Just because a new job isn't the same as your last job doesn't mean it won't be good fit. It might turn out to be a even better fit for you as my career change has been for me. You probably have a very extensive skillset that you just need to market effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comment.